Monday, December 20, 2010

"O' Give Me a Home, Where the Buffalo Roam" ~ 36"x48" A Painting a Day Hudson River School Luminous Landscapes Oil Paintings by Connie Tom


Just as the song says...."O' Give Me A Home, Where the Buffalo Roam"... While painting this painting, my heart yearned, if not but for a little while, to live in the days of the Old West. Just sitting on a hill viewing this panaramic view of this Montana landscape, watching the buffalo roam free. Just breathing in this breathtaking beauty of nature and the wonder of wildlife and experiencing a sense of absolute freedom. I love intricate cloud formations and skies and dramatic lighting. The clouds and sky definitely sets the mood, atmosphere and lighting of the painting. I hope you enjoy this one as much as I enjoyed painting it. ~ Connie
To find out more information about this work, see my blog at A PAINTING FOR YOU!


"Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee; which thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men! Thou shalt hide them in the secret of thy presence from the pride of man: thou shalt keep them secretly in a pavilion from the strife of tongues. Blessed be the Lord: for he hath shewed me his marvelous kindness in a strong city." ~ Psalm 31:19-21.

Contact me for commission work or pricing.

No comments:

Post a Comment